What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Engineering team?
The Head of Engineering will have a unique opportunity to join an organization in hyper growth where you lead the engineering organization on a journey to world wide scale. Starting out with a robust team of talented engineers, you will partner with architecture, QA, and infrastructure to evolve all aspects of application architecture and delivery as you continue to rapidly grow the team.
Engineering at Calendly is seeded with best practices in testing automation, continuous integration and delivery but we know at our growth rate, we must continuously improve all aspects of a secure software development lifecycle to maintain the level of quality and velocity that we’ve come to expect. This role reports to the Head Of Technology and carries broad autonomy in coordinating engineering strategy with leadership across the organization. If you’re passionate about software as a craft and looking to make your mark on a groundbreaking team, then this is the job for you.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
• Play a key role in leading one of the fastest growing and most fiscally successful companies in Atlanta
• Provide strategic leadership in definition, prioritization, and delivery of changes to the Calendly SaaS ecosystem
• Mature and evolve development processes in support of the rapid expansion of feature throughput and team coordination
• Collaborate with business leaders to define and maintain alignment with the technology roadmap
• Instrument and optimize our continuous deployment development life cycle
• Lead, coach, and mentor engineering managers and senior engineering managers
• Grow a high performance, remote first engineering team
• Establish effective policies and procedures with corresponding SLAs, SLOs, and targeted, transparent KPIs for the organization
• Participate in and oversee cybersecurity initiatives in cooperation with our SOC guidelines and standards
• Drive a culture of automation focusing on how to improve operational performance, resource utilization, productivity, quality, reliability, and scalability
• Own, maintain and project budgeting needs for the department
• Imbue the Calendly values across all facets of engineering
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
• 10 plus years of engineering management rooted in the agile delivery of consumer products and cloud services
• Ability to define and communicate technical vision and engineering strategy that inspires the organization to rally toward common goals
• Experience managing managers with a proven ability to rapidly scale organizations up to 75+ engineers with a collaborative culture that is focused operational excellence and high quality user experience
• Experience as an engineering leader owning P&L responsibilities
• A deep understanding of enterprise engineering as it pertains to establishing policies, procedures, and processes for compliance programs without introducing undue friction in the developer experience
• A self-starter mentality with a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-things-done mindset
• Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.