Website Bronze Valley Accelerator
Are you ready to invest in the best and brightest entrepreneurs? Do you get excited about supporting startups so they can bring new innovations to life? Are you committed to providing opportunities across race, place and gender? If so, this position is for you!
gener8tor is a nationally recognized startup accelerator as well as entrepreneurial support organization and is seeking a Managing Director (MD) to lead our Bronze Valley Investment Accelerator, an accelerator powered by gener8tor. The MD will oversee the Bronze Valley Investment Accelerator, an accelerator powered by gener8tor, which invests up to $100K in up to five high-growth startups per year (cohorts of five) lead by founders of color and/or female founders.
Bronze Valley employs a three-point approach comprised of funding, programming, and resources to carry out its mission to elevate diverse and female founders while simultaneously catalyzing economic growth within Alabama, its targeted region and beyond. First, as a nonprofit CDFI investor, Bronze Valley provides innovative, early-stage startups with strategic capital to accelerate their businesses. Bronze Valley focuses on supporting founders of color, female founders, and other underrepresented and underestimated groups. The Bronze Valley Accelerator serves as an education and advisory resource for pre-seed startups, assisting founders in catalyzing growth. Complementary to the Bronze Valley Accelerator, Bronze Valley provides value-added services (legal, finance, accounting, etc.) to participating companies at no cost. “C-Suite on Demand” provides each accelerator participant complimentary executive and professional services following the accelerator.
As a member of the gener8tor team you will be an essential part of our overall international platform. The full gener8tor platform connects startup founders, musicians, artists, investors, universities and corporations and includes pre-accelerators, accelerators, corporate programming, conferences and fellowships. Your leadership as our Bronze Valley Investment Accelerator MD will impact startups through working specifically with startup founders in collaboration with a network of mentors and investors as well as municipal and corporate partners.
Success for an MD looks like recruiting, selecting and investing in the best and brightest founders while building relationships with ecosystem partners to strengthen the support system for your portfolio. You will develop relationships with a personally curated group of mentors and investors to engage with the founders and you’ll bend over backwards to ensure the startups are set up for success. You will have ownership over the program and will report to the region’s Senior Managing Director while collaborating across the organization with gener8tor’s centralized support teams.
* Recruit startup applicants and lead the due diligence and selection process for one annual gener8tor Investment Accelerator cohort.
* Find and develop relationships with mentors, investors and others who can help support the programs and participating companies.
* Plan logistics, engage with the network, execute the accelerator programs and other related activities.
* Act as the lead mentor for, and continuously field updates from and support cohort participants, including post-program.
* Build relationships with ecosystem partners and engage in the broader Reno-Tahoe startup communities. Think of yourself as the unofficial “Startup Mayor” of Birmingham!
* Coordinate and collaborate with gener8tor staff and external program partners.
Provide reporting for and manage elements of account management with external program partners.
* Collaborate with other members of the gener8tor team to support our national programs.
* Assist alumni with ongoing mentor, sponsor and investor relations following the program.
* Be the #1 cheerleader for the Birmingham and AL startup ecosystems and the startups and entrepreneurs we work with.
More details here: https://www.gener8tor.com/career-opportunities?gh_jid=4944587004
To apply for this job please visit www.gener8tor.com.