Branch is the first banking platform that centralizes all of your finances and secures your identity and digital footprint, empowering you to live your best financial life. Today’s consumer is required to download many different financial tools, services, and products while maintaining separate accounts with each one. This fragmented product landscape makes it difficult for consumers to holistically understand and interact with their finances, while also leaving them more vulnerable to fraud and security breaches. As the first customer-aligned bank in the US, Branch allows people to manage their entire financial life in one place with one account.
Branch is an independent startup co-founded by Emigrant Bank, the largest privately-held, family-owned and operated bank in America. A pioneer of internet banking, Emigrant has developed some of the nation’s most successful digital banking products, and is a leading innovator in the US banking sector. Branch’s partnership with Emigrant will allow it to leverage decades of industry experience to help reimagine banking for the 21st century.
As an early-stage member of the Branch team, the Product Manager will guide the definition and launch of a revolutionary new banking platform from the ground up. In partnership with the VP of Product Management, the Product Manager will help shape the product experience from both a strategic and functional perspective, ensuring the critical balance between solving customer needs and delivering business value.
We are looking for candidates who want to make a lasting impact on the world of consumer banking through the creation of new financial technologies. A successful candidate in this role is self-driven, passionate and doesn’t mind rolling up their sleeves. This person will take initiative and should be willing to execute consistently in a fast-paced environment. Strong communication skills are key as our team interacts and works with many internal and external engineering teams, partners, designers and product managers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Inform the definition of the product strategy and roadmap for the platform’s MVP experience, partnering with cross-functional teams across product design, engineering, data, security, and operations
- Own discrete proof of concept explorations to test, learn, and iterate on key components of the desired foundational product experience
- Advocate for users by building a deep understanding of their needs, drawing on both qualitative and quantitative inputs
- Work with business owners to translate customer needs and business requirements into features and specifications to inform product development
- Partner closely with Designers and Engineers to bring the product vision to life
- Maintain ruthless focus on feature prioritization across the SDLC to ensure we are making the right thing at the right time
- Take a data-informed and customer-centric approach to product definition and evolution by integrating performance metrics, customer service feedback, and other key indicators
- Know the market landscape to keep the pulse on trends and new entrants, and gain inspiration beyond the world of banking
- Bachelor’s Degree (alternative educational experiences can be considered)
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a Product Management role
- Desire to join an early-stage team and get your hands dirty in the process of new product definition and development
- Ability to communicate product decisions and the rationale behind them
- Comfort in balancing short-term objectives while also driving towards a broader vision for the long-term
- Foundational technical knowledge to lead products through all aspects of the SDLC
- Experience with Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and comfort in making decisions in a space of ambiguity
- Organized, analytical thinker who can also think outside the box
- Experience in banking or fintech space
- Computer science/engineering background or design experience
- Startup experience
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.