Building our engineering team @ BeyondHQ
Are you a Full Stack Developer? Love the idea of building your own org? At BeyondHQ we are gaining momentum in many areas — customers, partnerships, funding. One area we are incredibly excited about is significant interest in our software offering. To help lead early efforts on this front, we are looking to hire our first, full-time software engineer. If you’re ready to join our early team, read on.
BeyondHQ’s mission is to expand tech-enabled economic opportunity beyond Silicon Valley and the coasts. We build new offices for fast-growing startups. From decision to launch, we help our customers know where to go, who to hire, what to build, how to build it, and move in. Expansion — as it stands today — is an inefficient necessity, especially for high-growth tech companies that need to scale fast outside of expensive markets. We create unique expansion “blueprints” for each of our customers, and then do the heavy lifting for them so they can focus on their own work. Software will be crucial in our ability to scale our services.
So, what’s the job?
As our first in-house engineer, you’ll have full ownership of our code base and advise us on how to best build our product. With no CTO on board, there’s no red tape — you just need to be a masterful partner and collaborator, and sell us on how best to deliver the vision. Responsibilities include:
- Rapidly prototype and develop BeyondHQ’s initial product lines across location strategy, expansion workflow management, and remote office operations
- Collaborate w/ CEO and Product Lead to identify and prototype use-cases from pipeline of fast-growing tech startups considering expansion
- Own all feature development in the early stages and ensure we are able to scale rapidly
You will love this role if you:
- Enjoy autonomy, independence, empowering colleagues, fast-paced design and dev, and emerging victorious in the midst of ambiguity
- Are excited about the prospect of bridging social and cultural gaps across the country through driving economic opportunity.
- You think that the midwest, the south, and all other parts of the country have incredible potential to build and grow the next great tech (and tech-enabled) enterprises of tomorrow
- Love the idea and vision of bringing automation, efficiency, and speed to large traditional industries with cumbersome physical-world processes (e.g. real estate)
- Want to create new global markets at the intersection of talent, real estate, and other people operations for the next generation of distributed teams
You should have:
- 3+ years of experience in a professional software development environment (required); even better if in fast-paced startup teams building large-scale software products.
- Excellent ability to explain technical concepts articulately to non-technical stakeholders up and down the org structure
- Some level of design experience (this is a plus)
More about BeyondHQ:
- USA today press coverage of our launch event in Iowa
- We just closed our seed round led by Bloomberg Beta and Costanoa Ventures, with participation from a number of other prominent silicon valley angels and venture firms.
- More on us: Website, Medium, Crunchbase, Twitter, LinkedIn
- We are just 5 months in and already have an aggressive pipeline and partnerships with VC portfolios, as well as one of the country’s top commercial real estate brokers
- A brief overview of our solution and team (bonus points for clever additional Qs to get to know us more!)
- Our CEO’s blog post announcing the company and our vision
- Costanoa’s investment announcement and coverage of our underlying broader trend
Like what you see? Come and join us!
BeyondHQ is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with your resume, cover letter (optional), and links to any dev projects you’d like to share. This position is based… wherever you are. We live our mission. We love what we do, have a blast doing it and we all get along – come join us!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org