Want to directly address basic needs insecurity for college students ?
BestFit is working to end basic needs insecurity for college students in Georgia by helping them find, apply to, and receive on-campus, community, and federal resources. In Georgia, at least 54% of college students face some level of basic needs insecurity (ex: housing, food), and COVID-19 has made the situation worse. To address this, we’ve built a platform that connects college students to the benefits & social services they need, when they need them, so they can focus on what matters most — graduating. Since Fall 2020, we’ve connected Georgia students across nine colleges to more than $100,000 worth of basic needs resources, so they can continue their education in the wake of COVID-19.
You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with our founding team (fellows at Atlanta’s Center of Civic Innovation and Google for Startups’ Founders Academy), and gain valuable insights into how to manage a social impact project from beginning to end. More importantly, you’ll have the opportunity to directly help college students overcome nonacademic barriers to completing their education. We’re a passionate team with experience in engineering and education: we’re supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Google for Startup’s Founders Academy, and raised funding from Techstars’ Social Impact Accelerator. To learn more about our work, please visit best-fit.app.
About the Role
The Community Program Manager plays an important role in our equity-centered, holistic student support model. They work directly with BestFit users and ensure that students who find and apply to resources on BestFit successfully submit their applications and are awarded the resources they’re eligible for. With their experience and passion in social work, Program Managers provide the advice and support that students need to connect to community and federal resources that help them thrive in college.
This is a remote, full-time contractor position.
- Direct Student Support
- Provide guidance to BestFit users (college students) seeking help to complete applications for federal benefits (i.e.: SNAP). This includes answering student questions, clarifying information, and conducting any necessary follow-up checkins;
- Work with the team to provide post-application support such as implementing interview and deadline reminders, conducting exit surveys/interviews, and tracking whether students have successfully received a resource;
- Student Advocacy
- Advocate for students with community and corporate partners to ensure marginalized students receive the timely help they need; pushing for expedited help in emergencies;
- Keep informed and educate the team about changes in federal and community resources, especially for special populations.
- Content Creation
- Work with the product and marketing teams to create tutorials, guides, playbooks, and articles to empower students with the skills and knowledge to connect to basic needs resources;
- Contribute to larger community initiatives to educate and engage stakeholders about basic needs insecurity and benefits enrollment.
The Ideal Candidate:
You’re likely a good fit for this role if you…
- Have a Bachelor’s, Advanced Degree, or 1+ years work experience in Social Work, Human Services, or a related social impact field (Education, Counseling, Policy);
- Are passionate about and/or have experience in supporting college students and/or marginalized communities (ex: BIPOC, single parents, low-income, homeless, foster-care);
- Have some experience in planning/project management/logistics/operational/administrative work;
- Are curious, self-motivated, highly organized, a multi-tasker, and able to work independently in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
This is a paid full-time position with hourly pay $18-22 depending on years of experience, starting as soon as possible. It is a 6-month contract with the potential to renew.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete our application form below!
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.