Want to change educational outcomes through design and technology?
COVID-19 has further widened the equity gap between students who already have strong safety nets and those who don’t. Financial aid doesn’t fully cover their actual cost of college, while their colleges aren’t equipped to support their multiple needs and responsibilities. BestFit is a platform that connects college students to the resources they need, right when they need them, so they can focus on what matters–their education & future success.
You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with our founding team (recent Techstars alumni) and gain valuable insights into how an early-stage startup launches a product, scales user and customer growth, and fundraises. We’re a passionate team with experience in engineering, finance, and education: since winning Columbia University’s EdTech Innovation Award, we’ve won grants from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and raised funding from Techstars’ Social Impact Accelerator. Social impact is at the core of our mission and your work will directly help college students overcome barriers to completing their education.
To learn more about our work, please visit best-fit.app.
About the Role
We’re seeking an entry/junior-level Project Manager passionate about social impact to help us grow and engage with our audience while helping our team operate efficiently. This is a multi-faceted role that exposes you to how a startup is run: You’ll work closely with our founders to craft marketing strategies, create content, develop/improve operational processes, and more. Your day to day role will include marketing tasks, content creation, logistical/administrative duties, engaging with founders and users, and more. Logistical experience, experience in a digital marketing team within a content role as well as familiarity/comfort with the startup ecosystem is preferred. A willingness to learn and comfort tackling new problems in a fast-paced environment is a must.
This is a remote, full-time contractor position.
- Project Management
- Manage community-centered projects from planning, implementation and logistics, to tracking success metrics;
- Coordinate with founders and project members to delegate tasks and responsibilities to ensure the successful execution of the project;
- Marketing Duties
- Plan and execute digital marketing strategy and content calendar with goal of expanding our outreach and engaging existing audiences and communities;
- Support founders in creating and drafting copies for other marketing, sales, and/or customer success materials;
- Research and recommend additional marketing opportunities (events, conferences, etc.);
Community EngagementConduct additional research on an ad-hoc basis;
- Fundraising Duties
- Support team with researching and drafting grant applications and proposals for fundraising and sales
You’re likely a good fit for this role if you…
- Have a Bachelor’s, Advanced Degree, or 1+ years work experience in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, or a social impact field (Education, Social Work);
- Have relevant experience in project management, program management, case management, coordinating outreach, etc;
- Have experience in planning, managing, and analyzing social media campaigns;
- Have strong writing, storytelling, and communication skills and has high standards for excellence and accuracy in their writing;
- Have strong research and analytical skills and experience evaluating or organizing data;
- Have some experience in planning/logistics/operational/administrative work;
- Are curious, self-motivated, highly organized, a multi-tasker, and able to work independently in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Have experience and/or are passionate about working with first-generation, underrepresented minority, and/or low-income students;
- (Bonus) Are familiar with design tools such as Canvas, highly proficient in Powerpoint/Google Slides, and have experience with other survey, digital marketing, and/or data visualization tools such as Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Tableau, SurveyMonkey, etc.
This is a paid full-time position of $15-22/hour depending on years of experience, starting as soon as possible. It is a 6-month contract with the potential to renew.
To apply for this job please visit www.notion.so.