Website Banyan Hills Technologies
TEMP to PERM
Senior Software Engineer
Location: Duluth, GA
Type: Full TimeMin. Experience: Mid Level
JOB SUMMARY: This job is intended for a Sr. Software Engineer with client management experience, advanced technical knowledge and business analysis skills. This role is critical to the success of the organization and the client management function.
Banyan Hills Technologies formed in 2013 to help customers solve for the complexity surrounding the Internet of Things (IoT). Problem solving, building great software and bringing together the smartest and best talent is the Banyan way.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be responsible for shaping and developing solutions that span user presentation, enterprise services, and database design. You will work closely with customers at all levels of the customer organization. The employee in this job will follow standard procedures and exercise independent judgment.
JOB EXPECTATIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Identifies customer needs, actively solicits input and meets commitments made to customers; Understands, accepts and manages customer expectations
Able to work with wide range of management, leadership styles, teams, challenges and maintain positive attitude
Remains effective in varying environments, with different groups, assignments and responsibilities
Works well in an environment where change is ongoing, priorities are shifting, and assignments may not come to completion
Identifies more/less critical assignments and adjusts priorities as appropriate
Understands variety of competitive markets serviced by Banyan
Plans and organizes own daily work in an effective manner to achieve goals and deadlines.
Performs and completes appropriate quantity of tasks consistently, thoroughly, accurately and in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY DUTIES OF THE JOB
The successful candidate will lead or manage a cross section of the following duties:
- Software Development
- Configuration Management
- Data Analysis
- Quality Assurance
- System documentation including updating JIRA tickets, adding stories etc.
- Performs analytics data profiling and provides process support for creation of functional specifications
- Learns standard development toolkits
- Writes detailed system documentation
- Coordinates execution of test plans
- Executes automated test scripts and report testing results
- Implements processes and frameworks.
- Creates supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes, and process flow.
- Implements changes in key development, maintenance and system standards. Ensures that changes are made to quality standards and all applicable standards.
- Assists in component and data architecture design
- Delivers on key project deliverables on schedule
- Creates and communicate design documentation with customer
- Establishes and maintains strong and trusting relationships with customer
- Demonstrates strong business and technology analytic skills, helping customers create and maintain technology project / program roadmaps
- Work Relationships: Partners with Technology and Business Leaders to ensure that systems are developed to comply with architectural and testing standards and established methodologies.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE/LICENSES & CERTIFICATION
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, currently pursuing a technical degree or other technical discipline from an accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of equivalent education and experience
8 + years of related software development experience
KNOWLEDGE, BUSINESS/PEOPLE SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Ability to demonstrate all of the following:
- Proven ability to work on closely-knit teams Business communications skills (verbal, written, interpersonal)
- Critical thinking, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Effective project scoping/estimation skills, setting up projects for success from the start
Ability to apply comprehensive knowledge and understanding of a variety of complex technical topics in the following areas which may include:
- Software development lifecycle
- Agile software development methodologies, values, procedures, and tools such as the Atlassian suite including JIRA and Confluence
- Strong knowledge of Go/Java/Groovy and related ecosystem, especially Spring Boot
- Strong knowledge of web-based UI components (HTML, Angular 8/9, Bootstrap)
- Experience in relational database design (MySQL)
- Experience building SaaS solutions based on a Service Oriented Architecture
- Knowledge of Go, Rust, or equivalent as it relates to systems programming
- Experience in C# and SignalR
- Experience with Linux and AWS basis. S3 for storage, EC2 for instance management, Route53 for DNS management, and SQS for managing the queues related to Camel above.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Required to report to the office 5 days a week and attends all required meeting. Works in an office
environment sitting at a desk, table, or computer workstation for extended periods of time. May
travel by car, plane, or other form of transportation to attend business meetings or conferences.
Approximately 50-80 percent of the time spent on the job involves the use of a personal
To apply for this job please visit banyanhills.com.