Website Balfour & Co
Balfour & Co is the world’s largest Collegiate and High School commencement services company, leading the industry in digital product innovation by helping students and their families celebrate the most meaningful moments in their lives. Operating under the Balfour®, GradImages®, University Photo®, Gaspard®, ArtCarved®, KeepSake® and Taylor Publishing Company®, the Company provides personalized products such as class jewelry and apparel, yearbooks and commercial printing, graduation cap and gowns, announcement products and photography through digital marketing technology, personal in-school deliveries, and customized school assortments. To learn more visit Balfour.com, the destination for Graduation products, and GradImages.com, the industry’s largest commencement photography platform.
We are a growing e-commerce business in need of a Copywriter who can connect with our customer base through multiple channels. In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating marketing materials, product descriptions and direct email. We work in a fast-paced market that occasionally requires irregular work hours and quick turnarounds, so flexibility is critical for success in this position.
We are looking for a candidate who is creative, innovative and able to easily adapt to rapid changes in consumer preferences. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a collaborative environment and using data to make marketing decisions. We are focused on providing a best-in-class customer experience, and you will have a significant role in helping us achieve that goal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write high-engagement content across all channels that reflect each of our brand’s unique voices
- Collaborate with Marketing, PR and Customer Experience to develop a variety of content marketing materials
- Produce error-free content that adheres to the company’s style guidelines
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to business leaders
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing or communications
- Demonstrated success in managing a business social media presence
- Experience in producing copy for digital, print and broadcast channels
- Work to templatize and streamline copy where necessary.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Communicator and Outlook
- Exceptional skill with the nuances of social media writing, including the use of hashtags, emojis and acronyms
- Solid understanding of SEO concepts preferred
- High level of proficiency in Word, Excel, PPT and Outlook.
- A college degree of BS or BA or higher.
- Understanding of the landscape of our industry and experience in B2C E-Commerce best practices.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and resolution skills.
- Personable with exceptional written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- 2 years SEO/SEM experience preferred.
- Understanding and familiarity of APA formatting guidelines a must.
- Strong project management skills including a demonstrated ability to deliver against deadlines and juggle multiple tasks and projects through cross-functional teams.
- Experience and familiarity with Basecamp and/or other project management applications.
- Ability to translate positioning strategy into creative strategy and execution.
Balfour & Co is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-aac.icims.com.