Position Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Reports To: VP of Operations and Accounting
Exemption Status: Exempt
– Performs 1st level of review for all invoices received against inventory and contracts.
– Verifies appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment of invoices.
– Prints and obtains signatures on all accounts payable checks.
– Answers all vendor inquiries.
– Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets, and corporate accounts payable files.
– Calculates sales commissions on a monthly basis.
– Assists in monthly closings and prepares analysis of accounts.
– Identify best practices, recommend and implement improvements, enhancements, and new applications to support the company’s goals and objectives.
– Assists other team members and foreign personnel as necessary.
Desired skills and experience:
– Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance.
– 2 to 3 years experience in accounting, accounts payable, or payroll processing.
– Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and achieve deliverables in a fast paced environment.
– Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
– Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative.
– Proficient with MS Word and Excel (formulas, pivot tables, v-lookups, etc), Accounting Software, and Paychex.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org