Website Atlas Bay VR
Virtual reality for real estate
Location: Atlanta, GA
Compensation: $80,000 – $90,000 annual
Job Type: Full-time/Exempt
Who we are:
Atlas Bay VR is a real estate visualization company that specializes in using cutting-edge virtual reality technologies to help architects and developers design, market, and sell future projects. Our products enhance understanding and communication among the design teams, clients, and stakeholders at every level during the project development and sales cycle. We help save time and money during construction, increase engagement during marketing, and close sales after completion.
Why we love working at Atlas Bay VR:
We are a close-knit, growing team of top talent that takes pride in what we do and loves doing it. Everyone gets a voice in the process and has a significant effect on both the top and bottom lines. We covet our startup mentality that emphasizes personal ownership and job autonomy – leadership is about minimizing friction to success, not micromanagement.
What we’re looking for:
We’re hiring an Unreal Engine 4 Developer & Technical Guru, responsible for heading up the entire UE4 tooling, production, and product development functions. Our whole tech stack and production pipeline is built around UE4, and this role is critical to the company’s current success and future growth.
Our ideal candidate has a significant breadth of knowledge in all technical aspects of the engine, from basic art & tech art through blueprinting, editor tooling, and the UE4 core codebase. You will get to:
- Continuously improve our production workflow through the creation of new tooling & workflow processes
- Maintain & enhance our UE4 source branch and merge in new releases from Epic Games
- Troubleshoot and fix UE4 issues in blueprints, C++, and C#
- Develop new products and services within UE4 according to our product roadmap
- Research & prototype new technologies and tools to include in our production pipeline
- Produce high-end and mobile VR applications from UE4, occasionally developing new gameplay mechanics
- UE4 – expert, including:
- C++ source
- C# source
- Plugin structure
- In-editor tooling (blutilities & other)
- Runtime blueprints
- Visual Studio Community – expert
- Git – intermediate
- SourceTree – nice to have
- Visual Studio Code – nice to have
- Python – nice to have
- HTML, JS, NodeJS – nice to have
- Be extremely tech-savvy
- Have a self-starter mentality
- Be hungry for growth
- Believe in continuous improvement
- Be willing to put the team above themselves
- Not be afraid to speak up, say no, work directly with, and sit next to senior leadership
- Be prepared to wear a lot of hats & thrive in a startup culture
- Live in or move to Atlanta
- Have US citizenship or permanent residency (we cannot currently sponsor)
You will have a leg up if you:
- Understand the mechanics of the real-time rendering pipeline
- Have deep knowledge of the setup and structure of UE4 code and its custom compile/build process
- Previously worked on a small team and with little oversight
- Are familiar with VR deliverables and hardware
- Have previous experience with 3D design/modeling/architecture tools (ex. 3ds Max, Maya, AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp)
In addition to the high-level UE4 responsibilities outlined above, you’ll be wearing many other technical hats – troubleshooting and maintaining existing office software and hardware, planning infrastructure upgrades and capabilities, and even building new workstations and servers from components. You should be ready to get your hands dirty helping keep our systems at peak performance.
A few perks:
- You will have direct ownership of the major technical aspects of production
- You won’t be stuck doing the same thing day in and day out
- You will be joining a rapidly growing company at the ground floor
- You will actually have decision making power with the backing to execute on it
- You will have access to paid time off, benefits, and retirement contribution plans
- Atlanta Tech Village!
Our office is in the Atlanta Tech Village (ATV). ATV is the fourth largest co-working space in the U.S. and provides perks like free coffee, snacks, ping pong tables, video games, lunch, Coke Freestyle, and (free!) beer. You’ll be surrounded by amazing people achieving amazing things, with tons of opportunities to grow your skills (with in-house workshops) and your network (through events, meetups, and serendipity).
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.