Website Atlas Bay VR
Virtual reality for real estate
Location: Atlanta, GA
Compensation: $75,000 – $85,000 annual
Job Type: Full-time/Exempt
Who we are:
Atlas Bay VR is an architectural visualization company that specializes in using cutting-edge virtual reality technologies to help architects and developers design, market, and sell future projects. Our products enhance understanding and communication among the design teams, clients, and stakeholders at every level during the project development and sales cycle. We help save time and money during construction, increase engagement during marketing, and close sales after completion.
Why we love working at Atlas Bay VR:
We are a close-knit, growing team of top talent that takes pride in what we do and loves doing it. Everyone gets a voice in the process and has a significant effect on both the top and bottom lines. We covet our startup mentality that emphasizes personal ownership and job autonomy – leadership is about minimizing friction to success, not micromanagement.
What we’re looking for:
We’re hiring an experienced Art Director who won’t just direct, concept, or share opinions on our deliverables, but will also execute and produce content themselves. Our production pipeline using Unreal Engine 4 is rapidly improving in photorealism thanks to new real-time raytracing technology, and we need help taking our services to the next level of quality.
Our ideal candidate already has significant experience in the inner workings of UE4 as well as deep knowledge of what makes rendering, 3D art, and CGI look amazing. We need someone that doesn’t just know WHAT needs to look better, but knows HOW to achieve it. You will get to:
- Establish and own the unified artistic standards of the company, improving quality without increasing iteration time
- Create onboarding & training programs for 3D and environment artists
- Review the work of our production team against artistic standards
- Develop baseline project settings and best practices to achieve photoreal results for different project types
- Collaborate with external art developers abroad, reviewing and integrating their work
- Stay informed on industry-related art developments and harness that knowledge for the benefit of our teams
- Run your own projects as an individual contributor
- UE4 – expert, including:
- How to achieve photoreal static and dynamic lighting
- Advanced post-processing techniques and settings
- How to best setup cinematic views in-engine
- The mesh pipeline and editor
- The PBR material pipeline and editor
- Best practices for UV lightmapping
- 3ds MAX – advanced
- Adobe Photoshop – intermediate
- Adobe After Effects – intermediate
- Substance Painter/Designer – nice to have
- SketchUp, Revit, AutoCAD – nice to have
- Speed Tree – nice to have
- Git – nice to have
- SourceTree – nice to have
- Be extremely tech-savvy
- Have a self-starter mentality
- Be hungry for growth
- Believe in continuous improvement
- Be willing to put the team above themselves
- Not be afraid to speak up, say no, work directly with, and sit next to senior leadership
- Be prepared to wear a lot of hats & thrive in a startup culture
- Live in or move to Atlanta
- Have US citizenship or permanent residency (we cannot currently sponsor)
You will have a leg up if you:
- Understand the mechanics of the real-time rendering pipeline
- Have deep experience in architectural visualization; flat renderings, 360° renderings, and fully animated videos
- Can share an extensive archviz portfolio for review
In addition to the tactical responsibilities outlined above, you’ll be responsible for the continuous improvement of the artistic QA process and helping grow our junior talent. You will use your experience to suggest, implement, and own changes to how things get done.
A few perks:
- You will have direct ownership of the major technical aspects of production
- You won’t be stuck doing the same thing day in and day out
- You will be joining a rapidly growing company at the ground floor
- You will actually have decision making power with the backing to execute on it
- You will have access to paid time off, benefits, and retirement contribution plans
- Atlanta Tech Village!
Our office is in the Atlanta Tech Village (ATV). ATV is the fourth largest co-working space in the U.S. and provides perks like free coffee, snacks, ping pong tables, video games, lunch, Coke Freestyle, and (free!) beer. You’ll be surrounded by amazing people achieving amazing things, with tons of opportunities to grow your skills (with in-house workshops) and your network (through events, meetups, and serendipity).
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.