ARPR is ranked as one of the top Tech PR Agencies in the nation by O’Dwyers, and a Small Agency of the Year and Top Place to Work by PRNews. Combined, our team executes integrated communications campaigns that make news in outlets such as TODAY Show, TechCrunch and WSJ, and drive leads using a strategic mix of content marketing, social media and lead gen activities.
ARPR is seeking an account director with 7-10 years of marketing and PR experience in cybersecurity, public affairs, government, defense or a combination thereof to play an integral role in our growing cybersecurity practice group, representing global clients that span the entire cybersecurity ecosystem.
As a young, entrepreneurial company, ARPR will offer the cybersecurity account director the opportunity to strategize with high-tech companies at the epicenter of one of the world’s fastest-growing industries, while receiving fast-track leadership opportunities that one wouldn’t acquire at a traditional agency or at an in-house position. So, if you are a seasoned integrated communications practitioner who can think critically under time constraints, has a proven track record of media relations success and technical writing skills, and has a passion for client service – this job is for you.
- Extensive knowledge of cybersecurity industry, including its subsectors and the media landscape
- Exceptional long-form and short-form writing skills; experience with both technical and creative storytelling and the ability to adapt to different styles, voices, tones and personas
- Ability to quickly learn and articulate the key messages of complex technologies, business objectives and competitive differentiation to both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in confidently providing counsel, recommendations, critical feedback and coaching and in presenting outside-the-box opportunities to high-level stakeholders
- Confident critical thinker and proven ability to think deeply on the fly
- Impeccable soft skills, such as organization, prioritization, attention to detail and leadership
Serve as an account lead and/or strategist on 3-5 key security accounts, building great relationships with client contacts based on trust and respect. Lead and execute diverse media relations strategies and campaigns; produce high-caliber writing assignments such as bylines, case studies, award submissions and rapid response statements. Coach clients and provide feedback by leading internal and client meetings, managing integrated comms campaigns, ensuring the quality of work produced by junior team members and developing key account plans (e.g., tradeshow activations, influencer marketing plans, product launch plans, corporate messaging portfolios, executive social strategies, etc.). In addition, support an additional 2-3 accounts with technical skills (ideally, media relations, content marketing and social media prowess) and ideas/collaboration.
Measure clients’ media, social media, lead gen and marketing results and effectively translate analytics into actionable insights and recommendations that constantly drive success and push the boundaries of what a PR firm can achieve.
MENTORING AND COACHING
This role will co-lead ARPR’s internship program with his/her cohorts, as well as lend insights, provide feedback and offer support to the leadership team as it relates to the cultivation of junior team members and client service.
MARKETING AND BIZ DEVELOPMENT
Support company marketing through the curation of thought leadership content and participating in speaking engagements. Drive renewals and upsells for a respective client portfolio. Occasionally support new business pitches and proposal development, based on lead origination, technical skills needed, etc.
- Agency or in-house cybersecurity experience required
Existing relationships within the technology ecosystem, including reporters, VCs, analysts, influencers and brands.
- Relentless curiosity, a passion for learning, a service-minded attitude and a constant desire to be your best.
- Required Experience: crafting and executing national and global media relations campaigns; leading brainstorm and content planning sessions; supporting new business pitches and communicating with stakeholders
- Required experience: Microsoft Office Suite, newswire service providers, media database systems, Google Analytics
- Familiarity with: Sprout Social, CMS platforms, HubSpot/Marketo/Pardot/etc., Basecamp (or other project management software), Google AdWords, Canva/InDesign/etc., Mac OS
At ARPR we live by our team motto: Believe the best IN each other, Want the best FOR each other and Expect the best FROM each other. Our unprecedented commitment to professional development coupled with our “jungle gym” of core capabilities and practice groups creates an environment that not only helps us to PRopel what’s possible for our clients but offers a unique experience for our employees to truly become PR powerhouses. We’re also flexible, fun, collaborative and always enter each day with the desire to be our very best.
Outside of all the fun, this position comes with a robust benefits package and perks such as no dress code, commission and bonus compensation programs, unlimited vacation and flexible workweeks. This position will report to the SVP of client service while also being accountable to our whole Army of Awesome.
To apply for this job please visit arpr.com.