Website American Software
The Senior UX Designer is the person accountable for becoming one with our customers; deeply understanding how they think, feel, and act and transform what they learn into elegant and compelling designs; providing leadership on shaping the user experience, including storytelling, personas, process flows, and interaction design.
- Has a clear and demonstrable command of the language and leading practices of customer research
- Facilitates design thinking exercises in a way that makes purpose and approach clear to all participants
- Has a proved history of a partnership approach to advancing best practice adoption in UX research
- Demonstrates the value of strong convictions lightly held by validating hypotheses through effectively facilitated research reviews
- Synthesizes and distills wide-ranging insights into coherent and compelling narratives for delivery to R&D and/or customer teams composed of varying degrees of experience
- Demonstrates understanding that user experience encapsulates the total product ecosystem, going beyond the interface to include information architecture, interaction design, content, and visual design
- Demonstrated preference for a research approach centered around people, with proven design experience, excellent interaction and structural design ability, and proven methodologies for identifying and solving problems
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity, including a need to understand “why” as well as a desire for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated self-awareness in past and present projects, including the ability to recognize and learn from success and failure alike
- Consistent and focused passion for clients, craft, and company that inspires others to share in it
- Demonstrated sense of accountability for actions, commitments, and to the team
- 5+ years of experience specifically involving design strategy and/or research, and utilizing the correct processes, tools, and methodologies for mapping product implementation to the needs and experiences of the user.
- Experience in agile product development teams.
- Knowledge of how to best design to solve business and user problems.
- Ability to understand the needs of customers.
- Design fundamentals including information design, visual design, industry UI standards for desktop and web-based applications, and ease of use best practices.
- Experience with industry-standard technology and design tools.
- Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to articulate the pros and cons of designs and support choices with clear, detailed evidence and rationale for decisions.
- Ability to articulate the role of user centered design in an R&D process and to influence peers on best design practices.
- Experience with early-stage design, ideation techniques, and generative research methods.
- Understand the balance of user experience, business case, and time-to-release, and make tradeoffs where appropriate.
- Profound sense of ownership both for the work of R&D organization and outcomes for the company.
- Proficiency in understanding technical documentation and requirements.
- Ability to find gaps in designs and successfully bring others to an understanding of same.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.