As a Senior Software Engineer you will be building slot casino games on both of our current gaming engines. Working closely with Designers, Artists, and Sound Engineers, you will be tasked with bringing all the different pieces together for each game. Game Development is an iterative process, and you will be constantly refining games to deliver the best possible product to the field. You will also be working closely with our embedded test department to help find and fix bugs early in the development process before handing off to our full SQA department. You are responsible for following your game through all stages of development, into SQA where you will be fixing any additional bugs, all the way to general availability.
- Love what you’re doing and be awesome at it.
- Mentoring newer engineers and helping them excel at their roles.
- Working with both of our game engines using Lua, C++, and C#.
- Designing and coding features requested from Game Designers.
- Performing code analysis and performance profiling on games.
- Create new processes and tailor new best practices for Game Development.
- Rapidly prototyping ideas for demonstration to stakeholders.
- Implementing feedback from Designers and Leads during iteration.
- Unit test your games, as well as the games of other developers on the team.
- Work closely with Game Designers, Sound Engineers, Artists, and Producers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or similar
- 5+ years of work experience in the casino gaming industry, video gaming industry, or similar
- Knowledge in one or more of: C++, C#, Lua
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies including Scrum.
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple disciplines.
- Experience using the Unity Game Engine.
- Ability to be prepared to talk extensively about video games at any time.
- Experience working with multi-discipline teams a plus.
- Experience with iterative development a plus.
*Note: All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check
*Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.
*AGS in an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit app.jobvite.com.