According to the Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative (WEI), there are 203,000 of women-owned businesses in metro Atlanta, but only 1.8% of women’s businesses are successful in scaling past one million dollars in revenue. WEI is not only addressing this issue head on, but diligently working to revolutionize the economic and social inequities faced by women business owners.
WEI is looking for game-changing women entrepreneurs for its next cohort
Applications are now open for the next WEI cohort. WEI serves to provide unprecedented access to the human, educational and financial capital critical to empowering early-stage company-building entrepreneurs who just so happen to be women. WEI’s efforts, whether through its incubator for women entrepreneurs, community engagement activities for aspiring business owners or immersive experiences for budding young innovators, are all intentionally designed to underscore the critical need for economic empowerment to be a democratized avenue for any and all who choose it.
The deadline to apply is 11:59pm on Tuesday, December 31, 2019.
- 100% woman-owned business, locally based; owners must reside in and/or be licensed to do business within the city of Atlanta.
- A business legally registered at the time of the application to operate in the state of Georgia.
- A valid and up-to-date business license, on file, with the City of Atlanta, at the time of the application submission.
- The business must be early-stage; it must have been in operation for a minimum of one year (12 months) but no more than three (3) years at the time of application submission.
- An operational structure/size that is ideal to the logistics and collaborative workspace environment of the incubator office space. Example: A children’s daycare would not be adequate to be housed within the environment of the incubator.
- Proven and substantiated adequate revenue generated from the operation of the business.
- Including the founder, no more than three people employed at the business at the time of application submission.
- Submission of completed application and agreement to all terms as stated in the application.
- Willingness to participate in an in-person pitch interview with the selection committee, if selected to advance to the second round of the competition.
Don’t wait until the last minute. Submit your application here!
Featured image via WEI.