Venture Asheville, the high-growth entrepreneurship initiative of the Economic Development Coalition for Asheville-Buncombe County and the Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce, connects Asheville’s startup community to talent, mentors and investors through unique programming and events.
From March 9 to March 11, Venture Asheville will take 8 promising startups, all from North Carolina, on a road trip to visit entrepreneurial hubs throughout the Southeast. The goal of each trip is to increase the visibility and exposure of these startups, make connections with investors and investment groups, and help investors diversify their portfolios. The road trip is also designed to pull high-growth opportunities out of geographically isolated areas and into venues where they can make critical introductions in a short period of time. Their first stop will be to Atlanta Tech Village, the 4th largest tech space in the U.S.
The traveling startups are:
- Appalachian Specialty Pharmacy – a service that leverages federal programs to provide highly specialized medications across Appalachia
- The Bright Angle – a company creating luxury lighting using a proprietary blend of porcelain and glass
- Elaine-Marie – a new artisan gift registry
- Hyst – a lottery site that lets users bid on exclusive sneaker releases
- JustKibbitz – a matchmaking dating site that lets mothers meet and match with other moms before setting their kids up on dates
- MoodZee – a company that creates blended essential oils that helps users’ moods when inhaled or absorbed through the skin
- Sauna House – a hybrid between a Nordic bath house and high-end spa
- Wunderfund – a national public fundraising portal
Each startup will give a 7-minute pitch, followed by a Q&A from the audience. The evening will conclude with networking and drinks.
Here’s your opportunity to meet some of Asheville’s rising entrepreneurs on March 9. RSVP here!
Featured image via Venture Asheville.