41 percent of tech startups pitching for funding are women or minority-led — yet only 10 percent of those startups get funded. Non-profit Startup Runway was formed to close that gap by connecting these founders with the investors and mentors who understand early-stage companies. In the last 24 months, Startup Runway finalists have raised over $15 million and created dozens of jobs in the Southeast.
After a rigorous application period, the committee selected nine solid teams, who have been preparing for the final pitch through three pre-flight pitch rounds and intensive coaching. Now, the teams are ready to showcase their work!
Here are your finalists!
- GovLia — a cloud-based platform that simplifies state and local government procurement processes to help increase small business participation in order to foster economic opportunity and growth for diverse companies and communities
- GrpFit — a health and fitness startup using technology to improve the health of the black community
- BOOP — makes cardboard furniture that’s lightweight, easy and sustainable
- The LABZ — a collaborative workspace that provides automated tracking, rights management and protection of your digital assets during and after you create
- Prinsta– electronics manufacturing of the future; the ‘electronics factory-in-a-box’
- Civic Eagle — a SaaS platform that uses natural language processing technology to reduce the time and cost of analyzing legislation and regulations for organizations that need to respond to quickly changing policy environments
- Drofika — making computing power cheaper for all developers; distributed Fog computing platform provides simple, affordable and location friendly processing for applications and IoT
- Homecooked — a social dining platform that organizes small communal meals at the homes of local chefs
- Cytilife’s — a first-of-its-kind smart Campus solution that is helping schools and students drive retention and graduation rates
Cheer on these exciting pitches
At the Showcase, held Wednesday, November 7, hear pitches from the Startup Runway Finalists, mingle with investors and get the opportunity to get investment questions answered during the live investor Q&A.
Come meet these game changers — and the people who fund them — November 7. Register here!
Featured images via Startup Runway