Startup Runway puts $20K up for grabs for under-represented founders
Startup Runway first launched its minority- and women-focused pitch competition in the fall of 2016. In total, competition finalists have raised over $15 million in just three years.
Startup Runway is again looking for high-growth startups for its fall event. Finalists will join the ranks of past showcase winners such as caregiver app ReciproCare, blockchain healthcare company Patientory, micro-loan payment startup Qoins, and machine-learning SaaS healthcare platform HealthInfoMap.
The competition will award two $10K grants (no equity taken) to startups led by women or people of color who have raised less than $100K and not been through a national accelerator. Finalists will get prepped by early-stage investors before the pitch competition to help them get ready.
The application deadline is September 15.
- ecoText – ecoText delivers digital textbooks to collegiate students at a late rate semester subscription that is embedded within tuition. We are the “Spotify” for college textbooks.
- ReSuture – We are modernizing surgical through experiential learning. Our mission is to increase provider confidence and lower surgical error, improving patient outcom.
- Kliit Health – Kliit is a digital health platform where users can talk to trusted OBGYN’s, nurse practitioners, and sex therapists about their health instead of relying on google to answer their most intimate questions.
- Milk the Moment, Inc. – Milk the Moment is a mobile app development company and the creator of the MILK App which rewards users for decreasing their screen time in the moments that matter the most.
- Mini City – Mini City is a smart tech enabled resource hub that assists organizations and municipalities that serve the homeless with securing legal forms of identification like State I.D.s, vital records like birth certifications, storing and generating employment forms, and more for the homeless.
- SweatPack – SweatPack connects people to group workouts and sports leagues. Our two-sided marketplace allows fitness service providers to easily list their open slots and retain committed members.
- RegAlytics – Daily Regulatory Updates. Done Right. Accurate, clean, vetted, daily regulatory data from US regulators. Enriched by regulatory experts. Delivered in the most flexible format available.
- Smart Convos – Today’s society craves engagement and personalization, and online display ads aren’t providing any of that. Smart Convos is dedicated to re-innovating them with conversational AI, giving the public a chance to speak their voice in the advertising process.
- Dinote – Dinote nurtures digital businesses through the funding cycle with software. It abstracts away traditional financing complexity with simple integrations.
- UZO LLC – UZO is an on-demand student staffing platform that provides short term ‘gigs’ for college students.To accomplish this, a few students and alumni crossed collegiate lines and came together to maximize the earning potential for students across the nation.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to network with Tanguy Chau, General Partner with Magnetico Ventures, Joann Chen, Partner with Equal Opportunity Ventures, Andrew Dorman, Partner with Knoll Ventures, Jenny Fielding, Managing Partner with The Fund and Techstars NYC and other investors.
Attend the event and check out the pitches on October 8. Grab your tickets here!