Surthrive, a marketing agency utilizing digital and physical experiences to help entrepreneurs build key relationships, is a firm believer in “inclusive innovation.” The agency also believes everyone with an idea, regardless of their geographical location or socioeconomic background, should have equal access to information, resources, and opportunity to build the next generation of successful technology companies.
Fueled by this mission, Surthrive took matters into its own hands and launched Square One Startup School back in February. The program is the first accelerated-incubator fee-based training program to offer both a virtual and in-person learning environment for “too-early-stage” tech startup founders. The 10-week hybrid program focused on validating each startup’s idea, helped each to gain traction and taught them how to avoid costly operational pitfalls.
Throughout the program the inaugural class of founders gained exposure to an intense curriculum taught by startup experts and received actionable tools and frameworks designed to help them take their startup to the next level. Now, the time has come for the startups to show the world that their hard work has paid off.
Surthrive will host a one-of-a-kind virtual showcase on April 23 to celebrate the graduation of its inaugural class of founders. The evening will include speed networking, live demos, and short 3-minute live pitches.
Meet the Startups!
- Nia Ballard // N-Crowd: Project management for creatives
- London Balbosa // ArteHub: Art marketplace connecting unrepresented visual artists and first-time art buyers.
- Mariden Lord // MyFloretz: Custom undergarments for teen-girls going through advanced puberty
- Pamela Hibbler // TechMae: Connecting Women Professionals
- Romane Armand // Book of Rhymes: Enhancing literacy skills through rhymes
- Lola Ojabowale // Refolo: Simplifies the transition to plant-based eating
- Edwin Williams // ZenHammer: Pocket office for subcontractors
- Ashley Nealy // Chairitable: Seat bidding for nonprofit fundraising events
Don’t miss your opportunity to see these game-changing startups from the comfort of your own home on April 23.
Click here to sign up for the Hypepotamus newsletter, and you’ll get two weekly emails covering the tech startup community in the Southeast, with all the latest jobs, news, events and announcements.
Featured image via Surthrive.