Non-profit Startup Runway Foundation and members club The Gathering Spot are committed to connect underrepresented entrepreneurs with investors to help take their startups to the next level. The sixth pitch event competition for a $20,000 grant, thanks to presenting Sponsor Cox Enterprises and a new sponsor, the American Family Insurance Institute for corporate & Social Impact. The grant will be awarded at the public showcase event on May 2.
Meet the Finalists
- Womp — the first smart platform merging the latest in web3D, mixed reality, and 3D printing for anyone to create, interact, share and print their ideas all in one place
- Don’t Get Mad Get Paid — a SaaS solution for women to collect unpaid child support
- AutomatedLabTech — plug and play sensors to expedite scientific discoveries
- Musicbuk — a hyperlocal mobile application that uses artificial intelligence to facilitate the connection between a qualified music instructor and prospective student
- Pangian — an AI-powered network for millennials working remotely
- Sanskrit LLC — creates and curates inspired accessories for inspiring workspaces, from individual objects to hand-coordinated, customized desk collections
- Equine Smartbit — uses advanced sensors embedded in a horse’s bit, which allows users to monitor the animal’s vital signs in real-time
- Courtroom5— helps people represent themselves in court
- Civic Dinners — a civic engagement platform designed to bring diverse voices to the table for conversations that matter
- WealthOp — simplifies investing in and managing cryptocurrency
Past finalists include startups like blockchain healthcare company Patientory, which raised $7.2 million in an ICO; fintech micro-loan payment startup Qoins; and HealthInfoMap, a machine-learning SaaS healthcare platform. In the last two years, Startup Runway finalists have raised over $20 million in total and created dozens of tech jobs in the Southeast.