On Thursday, May 12th, the Mobile X Festival is holding a Mobile Accelerator competition, which is just like Shark Tank, only more fun. Contestants are from early-stage and late-stage mobile start-ups. The judges will include experts from companies like Google, CNN, Coca-Cola and Kimberly-Clark. The audience will get to vote on the winners, too.
Winners will gain recognition from the VC Community, the 60 Second Marketer, Hypepotamus, the Dana Barrett Show and other media outlets. Winners will also get an exclusive, one-on-one lunch with Doug Busk, Global Group Director of Digital Communications and Social Media at The Coca-Cola Company.
How does it work?
You submit an application. Your submission will be reviewed by our editor, Kiki Roeder and Jamie Turner of the Mobile X Festival. They’ll pare down the list and let you know if you made the final cut. If accepted, you’ll have 4 minutes to make your pitch to the judges and the judges will have 4 minutes to ask you questions about your mobile product or service. At the end of your presentation, the judges and audience will be asked, “If you were independently wealthy, would you invest in this company?” They’ll give you thumbs up or thumbs down. The product or service with the most thumbs up wins!
Interested in joining in the fun? The application deadline is Monday, April 11th at 11:59 pm.
Dates to know:
- Monday, April 11: Application Deadline at 11:59PM
- Monday, April 18: Mobile X Festival committee selects 7 companies to participate in initial review.
- April 25-29: 20-minute mentoring sessions held at BKV, 3390 Peachtree Road, 10th Floor, 404-233-0332.
- Monday, May 2nd: Review Committee to select 5 Finalists to participate in the Mobile X Festival Accelerator competition on Thursday, May 12th.
- Thursday, May 12th: 3PM Showtime!
…did we mention that we’re sponsoring this event? We are. So mark your calendars, and make sure to have your applications turned in on time. It’s sure to be a great night!