Social impact pre-accelerator Goodie Nation is producing the Spring 2018 version of Goodie Impact Pre-Accelerator, a three-month program designed to help passionate leaders launch early-stage tech startups, open source projects, or digital marketing campaigns that save the world.
This season’s theme is health, and the objective is for each team to come up with a tech product or tech-enabled solution that helps to address cancer or sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). In this fast-paced, part-time program, founders will walk away with a working product, landing page, logo, revenue model, and marketing plan to begin making an impact as well as begin raising funding. Goodie Nation provides the workshops, as well as volunteer developers, designers, marketers, and mentors.
Participants will aim to launch one of the following
- Tech Startup: A scalable, for-profit company poised to launch nationally or globally over the next three years. Will likely require raising investment capital after the pre-accelerator is complete.
Examples Goodie Nation tech startups include Goodr, Andote, and SynsorMed.
- Open Source Software: A project whose source code is made available for use or modification as users or other developers see fit. Open source software is usually developed as a public collaboration and made freely available. Check out examples on GitHub here.
- Digital Marketing Campaign: An online marketing effort using a combination of a website, social media, email, etc. to create awareness around a specific cancer or STD problem or for existing solutions.
Individuals with ideas about addressing a subcategory of cancer or STDs (for-profits), innovative non-profits, and early-stage mission-driven companies who want to use websites, apps, chatbots/digital assistants, artificial intelligence, virtual/augmented reality, analytics, big data, or awareness campaigns. Don’t worry, they’ll bring in mentors and professionals to help you.
The deadline is April 20, which means, you only have one more week to apply. Go for it! Apply here!
- Friday, April 27th: Pre-Accelerator Opening Mixer (Founders + Mentors) & Category
- Saturday, April 28th: Goodie Ideation Lab Part 1
- Saturday, May 5th: Goodie Ideation Lab Part 2
- May – June: Founder Education Series
- Wednesday, May 30th: Pre-Hackathon Pitch Practice
- Friday, June 1st – Sunday, June 3rd: Goodie Marketing + Prototyping Hackathon
- Friday June 22nd – Sunday, June 24th: Goodie Hack[athon] For Developers
- December 2018: Demo Night
Featured image via Goodie Nation