Meet aspiring entrepreneurs working on businesses that will have positive real-world impact.
The Scheller College of Business at Georgia Tech invites you to The Global Social Venture Competition (GSVC), March 9. This competition empowers the next generation of social entrepreneurs, those that are bridging social or environmental causes with business-driven solutions, by providing them with mentoring, exposure, and over $80,000 in prizes to transform their ideas into ventures that address the world’s most pressing challenges.
The Scheller College of Business at Georgia Tech is one of the nine Global Partners responsible for finding and supporting great teams from across the Eastern U.S. and now, they’re hosting the Regional Final competition!
The agenda for the day begins at 2 p.m. and includes:
- An exciting keynote speaker with experience in the social venture space
- The Pitch Competition featuring the top 4 GSVC Eastern Region teams showcasing their ventures to a panel of expert impact investors and practitioners
- Audience Q&A with the teams
- Networking with food and drinks while judges deliberate
- Audience Social Impact Award funded by ticket sales and voted on by you, the audience!
Meet the regional finalists:
NeMo: Empowers mothers to identify neonatal illness (John Hopkins University)
Street Smart VR: content that simulates difficult policing encounters to help improve officer decision-making (Columbia University)
Luso Labs: automated, accurate, and accessible cervical cancer screening for low and middle-income countries (Columbia University)
Leaf: Providing financial services to the stateless and excluded through blockchain technology (Vanderbilt University)
A panel of investors, entrepreneurs, and community leaders will decide which two teams will move on to represent the U.S. Eastern Region in the Global Finals.