General Assembly is offering a free workshop on forming a new business at their Atlanta campus taught by local legal tech startup founder and attorney Andrei Tsygankov.
January 22, 2015 6:30-8pm
650 North Ave NE S-205 (4 doors down from Dancing Goats)
Atlanta , GA 30308
Legally forming your new business can be a daunting task especially with how confusing government websites are. Luckily, SmartUp and General Assembly have teamed up to help the community navigate this process by hosting an introductory workshop that focuses on:
- Forming a startup of your own
- Obtaining a job with an existing or startup company
- Embarking on a freelance career
Explain what to look for with each scenario:
- Existing employers: What you should know about employee or contractor agreements
- Freelancing: Good practices from a legal standpoint
- Own startup: What should be done first?
Explain what they can do themselves vs. when they should look for professional advice:
- Provide a list of things that you can do yourself, with links and instructions for each
You will leave this workshop feeling a lot more confident on how to move forward with your business.