Ready, Set, Rise, and prepare to celebrate the cities’ best and brightest early-stage and growth-stage tech startups.
Startup Atlanta is bringing back, the Atlanta Startup Awards, the premier awards event to celebrate the achievements and successes of local businesses and entrepreneurs. The ceremony, which was first held in 2017, will recognize the city’s most successful rising companies, startup trailblazers, & disruptive innovators in eight categories. In addition, the event will honor civil rights legend and social entrepreneur Andrew J. Young and tech pioneer, Mailchimp CEO Ben Chestnut with the coveted Lifetime Achievement Award.
And psst, the world around town is that the Board is planning to make this event one to remember. After all, the startup community hasn’t gathered together like this since 2020…so we are excited to see what’s in store.
Nominations Have Been Announced!
The awards committee has announced the nominees for the following categories:
- Scrappiest Startup Award: Startup that has achieved significant milestones over the last 12 months without ever raising equity or debt capital.
- Best B2C Startup: Startup that provides product(s) to consumers and has achieved significant milestones over the last 12 months.
- Best Growth Stage Startup: The Best Growth Stage Startup Award recognizes a startup that has shown strong product-market fit, is Post Series A, annual recurring revenue over $3 million to $5 million, has 40 or more employees and has achieved significant milestones over the last 12 months.
- Community Builder
The Community Builder Award recognizes a local leader who has made a tangible and lasting impact in the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Equity Champion: The Equity Champion Award recognizes an individual who has made a significant impact in the entrepreneurial ecosystem by removing barriers or providing access to underrepresented founders in the last 12 months.
- Best B2B Startup: Startup that provides product(s) that solve(s) a problem for businesses and has achieved significant milestones over the last 12 months.
- Best Social Impact Startup: The Best Social Impact Startup Award recognizes a mission-driven for-profit startup with a social mission who has made the biggest impact on the Atlanta community and/or beyond in the past 12 months.
- The Art of the Pivot: Growing a startup is hard. The Art of the Pivot Award celebrates a startup’s ability to change its business model, product direction, target audience, etc.; and successfully revamp their business in the face of adversity over the last 12 month
Check out the official announcement here!
The event will take place, October 12th, at Atlantic Station and we cannot wait.
Featured image via David Ahn.