Look up! It’s a bird. It’s a plane. It’s ATL Thinks! soaring into the future of aviation.
ATL Thinks! is a 30-day innovation program designed to highlight Atlanta’s talented people and companies by connecting them with the world’s busiest airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International. Now in its second year, the program will take participants through a series of ideation labs, hack days, mentor sessions and pitch competitions.
The best part? Winning companies will have a opportunity to run a pilot to test their ideas at Hartsfield-Jackson.
ATL Thinks! is run by social impact firm Amplify 4 Good.
Three companies will be selected as winners for each of the following tracks:
- ATL Rewards: How might airports increase their loyalty program participation for employees, frequent travelers, and heavy consumers of food and beverage with an automated experience?
- Wayfinding: How might passengers learn the best way to navigate/traverse airport construction environments?
- Greening ATL Apiary: How might airports use their real estate to generate revenue from beehives?
- Piezoelectic Renewable Energy: How might airports produce renewable energy from passenger footsteps?
Companies entering must be three years or younger, have less than $500,000 in annual revenue and have, at minimum, one person from an underrepresented group in technology.
Mark Your Calendars
- August 7: Application Kick-off and Program Overview Event
- August 8 – 24: Applications Open
- September 8: Airport Tour and Creative Lab
- September 15: Hack Day and Mentor Sessions
- September 22: Pitch Night Semi-Final Round
- September 27: Pitch Night Final Round