The HoloHack on Dec 2 – 3 is a smart city augmented and mixed reality hackathon with thyssenkrupp & Microsoft HoloLens. Build and demo augmented reality projects for a chance to win a Hololens and land a gig at thyssenkrupp. The Fortune 500 elevator company is looking for engineers, developers and designers with experience in gaming and augmented reality (specifically looking to meet people studying or experienced in C# and Unity 3D). This FREE 24-hour hackathon will have 10+ HoloLenses and some Emulators for you to check out & copious amounts of food, drinks, and prize bundles. Make new connections in the AR/VR development and design community and keep ownership of all intellectual property. Check out their Devpost listing to get details and register.
Who should participate and what’s the focus?
Engineers, developers and designers with experience or interest in gaming and/or AR/MR are all invited to attend. If you are studying or have experience with C# and Unity 3D, please join us! thyssenkrupp is especially interested in meeting students, but the entire AR/MR community is invited to take part .
Projects must be a smart city AR/MR project in nature and reference will be given to projects with animations created in Unity 3D and written in C# that incorporate the HoloLens or a HoloLens emulator.
What’s in it for you?
- Build cool stuff with some HoloLenses (we’ll have ~10 HoloLenses on-site + some emulators)
- Meet thyssenkrupp executives and maybe land a job: they are hiring for entry-level C# and Unity 3D developer positions and internships
- Eat and drink and be merry. All sustenance will be provided.
- Prize bundles of tech goodies including a Microsoft HoloLens (omwhat?!)
- Work with the local AR/MR development and design community
- Keep what you build. thyssenkrupp is not claiming ownership of your intellectual property.
Friday, Dec 2nd
- 5:00 PM: Dinner & kickoff
- 5:30 PM – Start hacking
- 7:00 PM: Unity 3D and HoloLens workshop (optional)
- Stay as late you want…
Saturday, Dec 3rd
- 9:00 AM – Breakfast
- 12:00 PM – Lunch
- 2:30 – Demos
- 3:30 – Prizes. End.