Diversity is not just a PR strategy or recruiting tactic. It’s what 500 Startups — and these Atlanta leaders — are all about.
500 Startups, an early-stage venture fund and seed accelerator based in Silicon Valley, is headed to Atlanta June 10th for a one-day event to bring together entrepreneurs, investors, and the tech community. This event will talk about the current state and future of diversity & inclusion (across disabilities, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and lifestyle) in tech.
Through keynotes, panels, and workshops, the day will be jammed-pack with discussions relating to access to capital, building diverse teams and workplaces, growth marketing, implicit bias, and the 500 Startups Seed Program.
The day will also include a chance to have 1:1 office hours with 500 Startups, Microsoft, legal firm WSGR, and more (bring your A-game).
1) Microsoft — for opportunities about partnerships or startup business/technical questions
2) 500 Startups — for discussion about seed funding/500 Seed Program
3) WSGR — for any questions about any legal concerns or startup business
A light breakfast, lunch, snacks, and cocktail will be served (don’t worry, you’ll stay hydrated).
Who should attend (as if we need to tell you)?
Entrepreneurs, early employees, startups, venture funds, angel investors, tech workers passionate about D&I, educators, policymakers, university faculty & students are all welcome. Attendees will connect with VCs, founders, and get best practices dealing with diversity & inclusion.
Oh, and we’ve got the Hype community covered.
Register here using the code “Hypepotamus” and receive 15% off.
Speakers (this lineup will surely get you pumped up):
- Lisa Calhoun, Founding Partner, Valor
- Jewel Burks, Founder/CEO, Partpic Inc.
- Monique Woodard, Venture Partner, 500 Startups
- Jennifer Bonnett, Director/General Manager, ATDC
- Carlos Ellerbe, Partner, WSGR
- Theia Smith, Founding Executive Director, City of Atlanta’s Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative
- Alyse Killeen, Founding Partner, Stillmark
- Mitali Chakraborty, Chief Experience Officer, Tech Jobs Tour
- Wei-Chun Tai, General Partner, Mosley Ventures
- Robin Bienfait, CEO, Emnovate
- Guilherme Cerqueira, Founder, Worthix
- Joey Womack, Founder, Amplify4Good
- Monique Mills, Founder/Principal,TPM Focus
- AND MORE TBA
Agenda: Full agenda will be announced closer to the date (Don’t worry, you won’t be disappointed).
You can expect fireside chats, growth talks, thought-provoking panels and a chance to network with some of the best of the best in the tech community!
About 500 Startups:
500 Startups is a global venture capital seed fund with a network of startup programs headquartered in Silicon Valley with over $330M in committed capital across 4 main funds and 13 micro funds. We have invested in 1,800 technology startups all over the world since our inception in 2010. Our team of 150 people based in 20 countries manage seed investments across 60 countries and speak over 25 languages.