Marketing online is all about thinking big while remembering who your target audience is and what they want to see. At the Grow Your Brand Workshop this weekend you’ll learn small actionable steps that can have a big impact on your brand and your business. This is not a conference and this is not a stuffy networking event. This event is designed for busy people who want to get their hands dirty with online marketing fundamentals and looking to take their online presence to the next level. Get tangible and practical to-do’s to grow your business and take your marketing to the next level from Digital Marketing Strategist and trainer Caitlin Sellers.
Sellers has given us a peek into what will be discussed. Check out her pointers:
I’m a brand, you’re a brand, he’s a brand, she’s a brand. If you didn’t catch on yet, we are all brands. The term “brand” no longer applies solely to companies and now is the time to establish and grow your brand online. Follow these simple steps and you’ll go far.
1. Set goals & visions
• Introspection: Who are you? What are your passions? What are you good at?
What do you want to be famous for?
• List 3 short term & long-term SMART goals for your career.
• List 3 action items associated with each of these goals.
2. Create professional online profiles & image
• Create a professional online profile. Include a professional headshot. Fill out the profile to completion and reassure that it coincides with your brand.
• Post relevant content for your target audience; share examples of your work, give recommendations/endorsements and use external links and video if possible.
• Be genuine and original, the more authentic the better.
3. Be active on social media
• Create a professional look for all social platforms. Use quality images. Fill out your profile to completion and use external links when possible.
• Stay relevant and consistent across the board. Be in the loop of what is trending and ride that wave. Keep regularity in brand story, messaging, how often you post. Know who you are posting for.
• Post – Share – Engage – Repeat (80/20 rule).
• Do your research. Know who your audience is, understand their wants & needs. Know your competition, dig around and do a little research so you can better understand them.
• Optimize your site. If you want people to be able to find you, utilize optimization and don’t be afraid to outsource this.
• When you blog, keep it simple. Don’t over complicate the categories on your blog and keep each one focused on a single topic.