It’s been a busy January for startups. We’re wrapping up all the headlines you may have missed…from huge funding rounds to key new hires at companies and organizations across the ecosystem.
Dive Into Big Funding Stories
- Atlanta: Unicorn Calendly $350 million
- Kennesaw: LendingPoint closed $125 million Private Equity financing
- Atlanta: SalesLoft $100 million Series E…reaching unicorn status
- Atlanta: DecisionLink $18.5 million Series A
- Atlanta: OncoLens $7.25 million Series A
- Atlanta: Voxie $6.7 million Series A
Other Tech Startup Funding News
- Atlanta/London: PPRO, The UK-based FinTech company, with its US HQ in Atlanta, raised a $180 million private equity round. Investors in the round included Eurazeo Growth, Sprints Capital and Wellington Management.
- Tampa: SOMA Global, a public safety tech company, raised $22.5 million Series A
- Virginia: Cloud governance platform Stacklet raised $18 million Series A
- Atlanta: e-commerce marketing platform Springbot closed $14 million financing round
- Wilmington, NC: Apiture, the FinTech startup born out of Live Oak Bank, announced a $10 million investment from Bankers Healthcare Group (BHG)
- Atlanta: SaaS company Revel Systems raised an undisclosed private equity round
- Chattanooga: Echelon Fitness, HealthTech fitness company, raised $65 million in funding led by Goldman Sachs Growth and North Castle Partners.
- Atlanta: Supply chain tech startup Verusen raised a $8 million Series A round, according to a press release. The round came from Forte Ventures, Flyover Capital, BMW i Ventures, and previous investors like Engage.
- Kentucky: Podcasher raised $4 million Series A
- Virginia: Mission Secured $5.6 million Series B
- Miami: PropertyTech company Axela Technologies raised $4 million Series A
- Durham: Allobee, a managed marketplace for small businesses and startups, announced that it has secured $500K
- Miami: HealthSnap, a remote health monitoring platform, raised $4 million
- Atlanta: The Labz, a creative collaboration SaaS platform, raised $1.35 million
- Chapel Hill: EnviroTech startup NALA Systems raised $700K
- Miami: Capsule, a video Q&A platform for brands, has raised $2 million in pre-seed funding
- Charlottesville: AgroTech vertical farming startup raised $1.56 million venture round
- Atlanta: FinTech startup Qoins raised $1.5 million. The series was undisclosed
- Atlanta: Predictive analytics startup Simporter raised a $600,000 seed round
- Techstars Atlanta graduate CommissionTrac was acquired by Yardi Systems
- Atlanta-based Vanco, a FinTech company helping schools, nonprofits and faith-based organizations, acquired Las Vegas-based Smartcare, according to a statement released by the startup
New Hires, New Partnerships
- Tech Alpharetta announced it has brought on seven new board members to more fully represent the growing and diversifying tech community in the area. New members include Scott Davis (Aptum), Michael Hutchinson (Verint), Cheryl Kleiman (Flexential), Faisal Siddiqui (Park Avenue Gaming), Mackenzie Thompkins (Bank of America), Kanyatta Walker (ADP), Deborah Lanham (Alpharetta Chamber of Commerce).
- LaunchTN announced that Marcus Whitney has joined the organization’s Board of Directors. Whitney is a founding partner of healthcare VC firm Jumpstart Health Investors.
- Charlotte-based Passport, a transportation software company reinventing urban transportation, announced David Evans will become the company’s President. Evans will oversee the ongoing development of Passport’s digital platform and operational infrastructure.
- Rev.io, Atlanta software and billing system company, has brought in James Phillips as its new CTO.
- MarTech startup out of Atlanta ClickDimensions announced it has hired Jeff Hoffman as its new CFO. Hoffman joins ClickDimensions by way of eVestment and Cardlytics.
- The Knoxville Entrepreneur Center announced Chris McAdoo will join the Center as the Director of Strategy and Engagement.
- Tech Alpharetta announced a new partnership with RestorePoint. This will help expand Tech Alpharetta’s startup incubator programs.“We’re committed to helping grow technology and innovation, and with RestorePoint’s sponsorship, we can continue to expand our incubator’s programs,” Karen Cashion, CEO of Tech Alpharetta, said in a statement. “RestorePoint’s leadership, experience, and success will provide a tremendous benefit to our startups, further connecting them with the resources that they need for continued success.”
- ChooseATL teamed up with Atlanta-based Activvely to launch the 2021 Wellness Challenge. The partnership was designed specifically to meet people wherever they are on their fitness journey by providing opportunities to network, build healthy habits, and celebrate all things ATL.