Despite the shorter month, Southeast tech startups still brought in some impressive headlines over the course of February. Here is your wrap-up of the month’s news:
- Atlanta: Account-based marketing platform Terminus raised $90 milion in Series C funding. Read more here.
- Nashville: Built Technologies raised $88 million in Series C funding, led by Addition, with additional funding from North Carolina’s Canapi Ventures, Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, and several others.
- Durham: Bootstrapped ProcessMaker, a no code/low code automation platform, raised $45 million Series A from a Virginia-based growth equity firm.
- Atlanta: Gravy, a FinTech platform to help with online payment recovery, raised $4.5 million in Series A funding, according to a press release
- Durham: Pattern Health raised $1.5 million in new funding to scale as the digital health boom continues. Read more about the platform here
- Atlanta: InEvent, an EventTech, Y Combinator-backed platform raised $2 million from Storm Ventures, according to a company blog statement
- Atlanta: SmartPM raised nearly $800,000 from a group of angel investors as the construcion management platform continues to scale. More here
- Cary: NeuroVice, a medical device company working on helping those suffering from seizures, landed an additional $300,000 investment from a group of angel investors.
- Atlanta’s healthtech unicorn Sharecare has announced plans to go public via SPAC.
- Veteran Atlanta entrepreneur and investor Paul Judge has joined forces with BIP Capital for the launch of a $300 million fund, Panoramic Ventures.
- Atlanta-based ClickDimensions acquired another marketing tech startup in the city, Eletype.
- Atlanta-based Crown & Caliber has been acquired by HODINKEE, a major platform in the luxury watch business. Read more about Atlanta’s role in the growing circular luxury economy here
Other Moves Across The Ecosystem
Venture Atlanta announced new board members and chairman for 2021. New additions are:
- Jim Douglass, Partner, Fulcrum Equity Partners, and Venture Atlanta 2021 Chairman
- Jason Caplain, General Partner and Co-Founder, Bull City Venture Partner
- Elizabeth Feidler, Vice President, Noro-Moseley Partners (NMP)
- Mark Flickinger, Chief Operating Officer, BIP Capital
- Barry Givens, Managing Director for Cox Social Impact Accelerator, powered by Techstars, and Managing Partner, Collab Capital
- Frederik Groce, Principal, Storm Ventures and Co-Founder, BLCK VC
- Scott Lopano, Principal, Tech Square Ventures
- Suneera Madhani, Founder and CEO, Fattmerchant
- Jon Rosenbaum, Principal, Insight Partners
- Ryan Whittemore, Chief Investment Officer, Florida Funders
- Joey Womack, Founder and CEO, Goodie Nation
A Look Ahead
The local ecosystem looks ready to wrap up Q1 2021 with some great momentum. Here are some of the accelerator application deadlines and news to be aware of:
- Cranium Incubator: Monday, March 22nd from 6:00pm, the team behind Atlanta’s Cranium Incubator will host their next pitch event. Registration can be found here.
- Zane Venture Fund: Women, Black, LatinX, Asian, LGBTQ+ and military veteran founders are encouraged to apply for Zane Access Capital Readiness Program. Those interested in the fee-based program can apply by March 19 for the cohort kickoff on April 8.