Serial entrepreneur & student, Kaeya Majmundar will be pitching on Shark Tank tonight.
- Multiple inventions: 1) BZbox 2) Ringlee 3) Quckrust- site coming soon.
- 1st Place & Peoples’ Choice in 2012 the Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization Elevator Pitch Competition
- 3rd Place in the 2013 Charlotte Venture Challenge Student Business Competition
- Summer student with Colorjar, strategy consulting/design/web development based in Chicago
- Check out her LinkedIn
- Unlike cardboard boxes, the BZ Box folds up without breaking down the box and quickly unfolds for re-use.
- The box is “sturdy enough to hold everything from textbooks and notebooks to clothing and bedding.”
- The idea for this product sparked from mishaps that occurred while moving a friend out of a dorm room in 2012 & watching her little sister doing origami projects.
- Large viewership – “ABC took its 3rd straight Friday of the May Sweep in Adults 18-49, ranking #1 on the night for the 6th week running.“
- A panel of VC’s (sharks) give budding entrepreneurs the chance to pitch their ideas in exchange for equity/funding.
- Sharks: billionaire Mark Cuban, owner and chairman of AXS TV and outspoken owner of the 2011 NBA championship Dallas Mavericks; real estate mogul Barbara Corcoran; “Queen of QVC” Lori Greiner; technology innovator Robert Herjavec; fashion and branding expert Daymond John; and venture capitalist Kevin O’Leary.
- Apply for next season
[photo credit: http://img-w.zeebox.com/images/proxy/9155a307454b60e02a9c9b2cda286ce2c6851b67:preview?src=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fdanschawbel%2Ffiles%2F2012%2F06%2Fshark-tank1.jpg]