- Hugecity, a service that pulls in Facebook event & friend data to identify and target relevant events at users.
- Time Out Group, founded in 1968, is a media property that covers entertainment and events in cities around the world to a reach of 28 million people. Their portfolio includes magazines, websites, apps and guidebooks covering events, entertainment and culture.
- The founders of Hugecity, Hugh Malkin and Adam Wilson, will be joining Time Out as Time Out Labs, a new innovation arm of the company, working from Atlanta (out of the co-op in the Biltmore) and managed from London. They are hiring for a UX designer.
- Hugecity will be re-branded as Time Out World and re-launched globally this month.
- “We already speak to a combined worldwide audience of over 28 million people but that’s just the start. This move will help us to become the world’s most comprehensive platform of event information and inspiration.” – T O Group
[Photo Credit: http://cdn1.tnwcdn.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/09/hugecity.jpg]