New Atlanta startup has raised $4 million from TechOperators
Siftit provides a mobile technology platform that streamlines the ordering process for restaurants and their suppliers.
- “We set out to use our technology background to improve the manual, time-consuming, and error-prone process of the independent restaurant supply chain. Our ultimate goal is to connect the industry, automating the process for restaurants and suppliers while capturing data that is beneficial to their success.” –Siftit
- Siftit was launched by Mark Haidet, Alon Goren, and John Heyman, serial entrepreneurs from Radiant Systems (Alpharetta based POS system company for the Hospitality, Retail, Entertainment, Petroleum and Convenience industries that was acquired by NCR in 2011 for $1.4 billion).
- Haidet is also the cofounder of Takorea (Midtown restaurant that combines Mexican & Korean street food- check out $2 Tuesdays).
- They have assembled a team of folks with restaurant and technology experience to build this into a national restaurant supply-chain tech company. Here’s the profile of a recent hire.
- Siftit is hiring.
- Closed a $4.0 million Series A round of venture capital funding led by TechOperators.
- TechOperators (based in Atlanta) was “founded on the premise that proven operators make the best partners for technology entrepreneurs.”
- The money will be used to fund growth in current markets.
[Photo Credits: http://media.bizj.us/view/img/2801241/john-heyman-and-said-mohammadioun-and-mark-haidet-1-jv*1200xx1893-1065-0-129.jpg]