The first microlending community for real estate announced this morning that they are making it even more accessible for the other 97% of us in the US to invest. Through the innovative application of existing securities laws, GROUNDFLOOR has opened the market for non-accredited investors to back independent builders with short-term secured loans that pay 6-26% annually (that’s more than 9-12x the typical CD offered by retail banks).
When we covered GROUNDFLOOR earlier this year the minimum investment was $100. Today they announced that investments can start as low as $10 and they’re rolling out an all new platform to boot.
- Founded March 2013
- Led by Brian Dally & Nick Bahrgava
- Raised 1+ million in seed funding
- 2,000 users in GA and thousands on national waitlist
- They recently moved their headquarters from North Carolina to Atlanta to take advantage of the the Invest Georgia Exemption
New features of the GROUNDFLOOR platform released today:
- New onboarding guide that walks backers from registration through their first investment, making microlending simple and fast.
- Feature rich dashboard for backers that easily tracks progress with account balance, transaction history, open and closed investments, and projected earnings at date of maturity.
- An objectively determined letter grade for each loan offered, facilitating easy comparison of risk and return.
- Comprehensive library of all properties available for investing that allows backers to discover new projects available for funding.
- Shortened timeframe to receive deal terms for builders who submit their projects to the platform.