Merlin, Inc. uses Augmented Reality (AR), to deliver technical instructions to iOS and Android devices. Equipment, devices or parts are viewed “live” through the camera of a mobile device. While viewing, a transparent layer appears, providing step-by-step instructions. Merlin was founded by Margaret Martin in the heart of Atlanta.
Here’s the scoop:
- Their cloud-hosted toolset, Alchemy, enables your company to easily create new or transform existing content into Merlin content and ensure its delivery to iOs and Android devices.
- Content is easy to update.
- MerlinanalyticsTM provides a new level of insight into your employees’ and customers’ experience.
- With Merlin, accessing specific instructions is simple:
1) Scan a Target, Barcode, Machine Code, QR Code or enter an Error Code
2) Point the camera at your Subject
3) Start following your Merlin instructions
- You can integrate additional features such as Text, Initiate a Call or Real-time Diagramming for additional functionalities.
- They create and deliver training and support content for companies and content developers.
- Their target markets include Telecom, IT, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Transportation, Self-Service and Utilities.
- Located at 75 5th Street, N.W. Suite 205, in the Centergy building on Tech Square.
- Read more on them via Venture Atlanta.
The app below would would save anyone assembling furniture a major headache. You would be able to point your phone at the instructions, then at the part in question. The app then gives a 3D presentation showing where the part goes.