Decatur CoWorks: “A Quiet Space to Work or a Creative Place to Collaborate”
- The space is geared towards budding entrepreneurs, traveling professionals, employees of companies big and small, grad students, or stay-at-home parents.
- They offer several monthly membership levels as well as ad hoc daily usage.
- Part Time (8 visits of open seating)- $80
- Full Time (unlimited visits of open seating)- $135
- All the Time (dedicated space, mail room, up to 4 visitors)- $225
- Resident (private office, unlimited visitors, mail room, 8 hours of conference room, 20% off everything else)- $425 and up
“Early in 2013, we started looking at the building that was for sale next door to our company, Property Works. Our business didn’t need an additional 8000 square feet, but we didn’t want to pass up the opportunity to own the adjacent property. So we moved ahead with the purchase and then started thinking about how we would use the space. We had lots of ideas and tons of suggestions. Somewhere along the way, someone mentioned a coworking space. We had no idea what coworking was so we “googled” it. The more we learned, the more we were convinced that this would be a perfect solution. Our company could use extra space when we needed it, we’d make a few dollars to help pay the mortgage by offering work space to others, and we’d have the chance to be more involved in our awesome community.”
[Photo Credit: http://www.decaturcoworks.com/images/IMG_2367.JPG]