The Opportunity Hub, a coworking space located downtown has launched a crowdfunded capital raise.
The scoop on crowdfunding a capital raise:
- Their platform of choice is sparkmarket (here’s ohub’s page). Sparkmarket is different from indiegogo and kickstarter because they allow folks to offer ownership stakes in exchange for contribution.
- Only Georgia and Kansas have legalized investment crowdfunding for businesses to generally solicit investment from non-accredited investors in those states, without having to register the offering. Read more about how this works.
More on OHUB’s initiative:
- They are raising a minimum of $50,000 & a maximum of $600,000 US for a total of 20% of the company.
- The break down- they are offering 6,000 shares of its Class C Units for a purchase price of $100 per Unit, with a minimum investment of $1,000. A limited number of $100 minimum investments will be offered.
- In addition to receiving equity, investors that invest at least $1,000 will also receive perks.
- With the money they plan to accomplish- 1) creating a culture of new micro angel investors and venture capitalist 2) accelerate startups and early stage companies 3) create an ecosystem 4) create advocates. More
[Photo Credit: http://rodneysampson.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/ohub-200-peachtree.jpg]