- This event has passed.
Vintage Computer Festival Southeast 4.0
April 2, 2016 @ 10:00 am - April 3, 2016 @ 5:00 pm
Vintage Computer Festival events are a unique family-friendly experience. The events celebrate the history of computing! Festivals include a hands-on exhibition hall, where you’ll find dozens of up-and-running examples of historic computers. Minicomputers of the 1960s, homebrew systems of the 1970s, and microcomputers of the 1980s are all represented. Festivals also have lectures, consignment sales, technical classes, food, prizes, and much more.
- Exhibits (and exhibit registration) — Exhibits are presented Saturday and Sunday. You’ll find computers from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. From PDPs to Commodores to Apples… Some exhibits contain pristine original machines, others painstakingly restored machines and others focus on unique modern hacks. You’ll find all this and everything in between.
- Hands On Activities — We offer a chance to let your inner engineer out. A very popular feature of our Festival is the chance to create your own electronic device. We have kits available for purchase (for everyone from complete beginner to those already handy with a soldering iron).
- Speakers — Come hear first-hand accounts of events in computer history and informative technical presentations. Also PechaKucha presentations are given on various computer topics!
- Consignment — We offer a consignment area as part of our show. We’ll try our best to sell your vintage computer related items. Details are on the Consignment link. Please remember this isn’t a flea market.
- Vendors — We invite folks who might have items that would be of interest to our audience to exhibit at our show as well. Register using the exhibits link.
- Concessions — We offer a concession area where you can get soft drinks, water, popcorn, etc. We also have Festival T-Shirts (and a few from previous years) along with some other computer related items. Click the link for a more detailed list.
Everyone! Computer geeks, families/children, STEM students, students, collectors, IT professionals, curious onlookers…
Adults, $10 for one day and $15 for two days. Children ages 17 and younger are admitted free when accompanied by a parent or guardian. College students, free after showing a student ID at the front desk.
Earl Baugh — firstname.lastname@example.org / (404) 915-8029