- This event has passed.
The Art of the Pivot (Session 3) – Virtual
August 5 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
**This registration is for session 3 (August 5th) only. To register for sessions 1 and 2, see links below.**
COVID-19 has created a whole new reality to doing business. Startups are uniquely positioned to be able to pivot and make the most of opportunities as they arise. But, how do you know when it is time to change your “north star” and pivot? What does a successful pivot look like (and how do you avoid the pitfalls)? Join us for this interactive series, led by experienced inventor and Professor of Practice at Georgia Tech School of Industrial Design, Stephen Chininis, IDSA.
This class is appropriate for:
• Founders or startup leaders
• Product developers, inventors, designers
• Makers considering launching a business
This 3-part series is open; please feel free to join one or more that is of interest to you.
Wednesday, July 22nd – 6:00-7:00 PM – Creativity & Design Thinking – To register, visit https://tinyurl.com/CLPTCAP1
1. What is design thinking and how could it reshape your business or product?
2. How can you challenge yourself as a leader to expand your thinking?
3. Tips & Techniques for Creativity and Curiosity as essential business functions
Wednesday, July 29th – 6:00-7:00 PM – How to Pivot and When – To register, visit https://tinyurl.com/CLPTCAP2
1. What are the different types of pivots?
2. When should a company choose to pivot their overall approach?
3. Challenging your own assumptions about the business and eliminate bias.
Wednesday, August 5th – 6:00-7:00 PM – Experts Share their Pivots
1. Join us as we hear from other leaders who have pivoted products and businesses – what they learned, what they wish they knew, and what ultimately changed.