Tech Gives Back: Earth Bingo + River Cleanup
May 1 @ 12:00 pm - May 31 @ 6:00 pm
Welcome back, Tech Gives Back volunteers!
It’s springtime in Atlanta! Grab your sunblock and Alavert, because we’re heading outside to benefit the loving mom we all share: Mother Earth.
Our 2nd quarter extravaganza comes in two parts:
- Healing Earth Bingo – We’ve set up 9 eco-themed good deeds that you and your team can do entirely from your home, office, or home office for the entire month of May! Tasks take under an hour and may include online lessons, home efficiency, and more – plus, for every Bingo Board your team members complete, Community Bucket will donate $10 to Chattahoochee Riverkeeper (up to the first 100 boards). This is a great team-building activity and an awesome way to serve your community with a little bit of friendly competition!
- Group River Cleanup on May 20th – Join us on Thursday, 5/20 from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm for a TGB-exclusive, socially-distanced river cleanup event hosted by our partners at CRK! Together, we’ll learn about Atlanta’s most critical water source and take real steps to preserve it. Beverages, snacks, and sanitizer will be provided, as well as lunch at noon. Specific location will depend on river conditions but will be within 20 miles of Atlanta. Space is limited.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
Healing Earth Bingo – Entire Month of May
- Sign up as an individual, or on behalf of your company
- Choose the appropriate ticket type for your company size at registration – 100% of Bingo ticket sales will be donated to Chattahoochee Riverkeeper
- On 5/1, we’ll email you a downloadable Healing Earth Bingo card, and you’ll have the entire month of May to complete it
- You’re encouraged to distribute it to your whole team or company – the more people who play, the more money you’ll help raise
- Activities can be done individually or among your teammates in-person or virtually for more team bonding
- When you self-report a Bingo (i.e., 3 completed squares in a row) using our online form, Community Bucket will donate an additional $10 to CRK
CRK River Cleanup – May 20th from 9 am – 12 pm
- Register as an individual or group – spots are $12/person and will help cover the cost of supplies, snacks, and beverages for the project
- Total event capacity is limited to 50 volunteers
- The project will follow strict CDC Guidelines and CRK has been organizing socially distanced, COVID-safe events for the past 12 months. Even still, please only attend if you feel comfortable
- After you register, our team will send you a link to the liability waiver that CRK requires of all volunteers
We’re hugely excited for a high-impact May event!