- This event has passed.
Lunch & Learn: Common Legal Traps
January 10, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
It is imperative that a company’s legal affairs are in order, particularly for an emerging growth company that is likely to face increasingly intense due diligence in connection with its capital raises. This session identifies the critical legal issues an early-stage company needs to address, including:
- Choosing the right type of entity
- Protecting the company’s intellectual property
- Subjecting cofounders to vesting and filing the Section 83(b) election
- Making arrangements for dealing with the “what-ifs,” such as your co-founder’s death or decision to quit working for the company or sell his interest in the company
- Granting the right incentive awards without incurring burdensome tax consequences
- Complying with labor and employment laws
If your answer to any of these questions is no, you are putting your company at risk. The presentation will be amplified with war stories from Michael’s many years of working with early-stage companies. The session will be interactive, so bring your questions.