- This event has passed.
Latinnovation: Atlanta Tech Ties Across the Americas
January 22, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Atlanta is a rising tech hub, a magnet for startups and established players in fintech, health care IT, mobility, logistics software and other key sectors. But it’s certainly not alone in the Western Hemisphere.
Cities from Santiago to Sao Paulo are staking their claims as innovation centers, pouring pesos and reais into incubators, accelerators, research institutes and university/company collaborations. While this creates city-level competition, it also brings key opportunities for deal-making, as well as the chance for Atlanta to better position itself as a vital tech gateway into the all-important U.S. market.
Join Global Atlanta and Emory Executive Education for the latest event in the Latin American Crossroads series to explore how Atlanta companies are taking advantage of talent, technology and market access, as well as and how key local institutions are seeking out partnerships around the region.
The program will be preceded by a networking reception with beer, wine and light bites.
- Aaron Hurst, Managing Director, Endeavor Atlanta, the local arm of an international organization that helps promising companies scale to the next level. Endeavor has a strong presence in Latin America and held its recent international selection panel in Buenos Aires.
- Guilherme Cerqueira, CEO, Worthix — Brazilian-founded software firm now based in San Francisco with an office in Alpharetta
- Ernesto Escobar, International Programs Manager — Innovation Ecosystems, Georgia Tech Enterprise Innovation Institute — Soft Landings program for foreign investors from Latin America
- Cesar Vence, Mayor’s Office of International Affairs — Led trade mission to Colombia and Chile while with Invest Atlanta to establish partnerships with innovation centers in these cities.
- Benjamin Cohen, CEO, TOHL — Georgia Tech civil engineering graduate who participated in an early iteration of Startup Chile and is now running his enterprise in Atlanta