- This event has passed.
Kids & Teens S.T.E.M. Saturdays
July 13 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
S.T.E.M. Saturdays is a program launched by me, Travis A. Reeves, to expose and educate the youth in deprived communities on technology and S.T.E.M. related programs. Since 2016, Kids Next Code has taught technology and S.T.E.M. related courses such as web design and robotics to over 300 students in the state of Georgia. This lesson will introduce students (ages 5-18) on the fundamentals of website design and mobile app design. The students will learn how to build their own personal website and how to style their own personal mobile app. Parents are welcome to attend the event with their child.
We will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to the basics of computer programming and website design (tag definition, tag structure)
- Introduction to the fundamentals of mobile app design for Android & IOS applications
- Formatting and styling your website using HTML & CSS coding language
- How to post a YouTube channel to your website
- Adding images and links to your website
- Adding website functionality
- Bring your own personal laptop & writing utensils
- Cost is $25 per student (Parents may attend for free)
- For additional information, call (404) 414-2520 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register for the event at stemsaturdaysatl.eventbrite.com