- This event has passed.
Kids & Teens Coding Boot Camp
January 25 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
Since 2016, the Kids Next Code organization has taught technology and S.T.E.M. related courses such as web design and robotics to over 600 students in the state of Georgia and New York. The Kids & Teens Coding, Robotics, Engineering Boot Camp & Hackathon is an event where students (ages 7-17) will learn the fundamentals and concepts involved in robotics, web design, mobile app design, and engineering. From there, they will work in teams to apply the lessons they learned to creating technology solutions. The students will have an opportunity to collaborate, brainstorm, and design solutions such as websites, programmable robots, apps, etc., that solve community problems.
This workshop is intended to enrich students in STEM and technology education and teach them how to apply collaboration and critical thinking skills. We will provide the students with studyguides and learning material. We will also have prizes for the team that produces the best solution.
We will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to the basics of computer programming and website design (tag definition, tag structure)
- Applying engineering concepts to build different models
- Inroduction to the fundamentals of mobile app design for Android & IOS applications
- The programming and functionality involved in building robots
- Formatting and styling your website using HTML & CSS coding language
- How to post a YouTube channel to your website
***Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult throughout the session ***
- Bring your own personal laptop & writing utensils
- Cost to attend is $35 per student (Parents can attend for free)
- For additional information, call (404) 414-2520 or email me at email@example.com
- Register for the event at www.knchackathon.eventbrite.com
- Snacks will be provided for the students