- This event has passed.
FinTech PowerHouses: Atlanta & China
August 14 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
“FinTech Power Houses: Where Atlanta and China’s Greater Bay Area Meet,” a forum jointly hosted by the Hong Kong Association of Atlanta and Georgia State University’s Confucius Institute, is an assessment of key FinTech business segments in the US and an exploration of the B2C FinTech space in Asia for potential partnerships and cooperation.
The featured speaker will be former Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta President Dennis Lockhart in a fireside chat format. Global Atlanta Managing Editor Trevor Williams will also lead a panel discussion focused on updates on top-of-mind payments topics like blockchain, open banking and partnerships, as well as an update on Asia’s FinTech landscape. Anna Fan, Director of the New York office of the Hong Kong Trade Development Council, will be on hand to provide her perspectives on the latter. The agenda also includes a brief overview of China’s Greater Bay Area (GBA), which is poised to serve as the future hub of FinTech in Asia.
This forum aims to supplement the value of annual events like FinTech South- staged by TAG’s FinTech Society- by further educating Atlanta professionals on the FinTech space in Asia led by Hong Kong, China and Japan.
- Dennis Lockhart, Former CEO & President, The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Scott Stewart, Senior Manager, Deloitte Tax LLP
- Stephen Hassett, Chief Operating Officer, GT Software
- Oliver Burns, SVP & Head of Payment Networks & Partnership, WorldPay
- Delray Wannemacher, Chairman & CEO, Blockchain Holdings Capital Ventures, Inc.
- Anna Fan, Director, Hong Kong Trade Development Council, NYC Office
Morning: Panel Discussion moderated by Trevor Williams, managing editor, Global Atlanta
Luncheon: Fireside Chat moderated by KPMG Officer