- This event has passed.
Common Legal Traps for Startups
October 10, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
It is imperative that a company’s legal affairs are in order, particularly for an emerging growth company that is likely to face increasingly intense due diligence in connection with its capital raises. The session identifies the critical legal issues an early-stage company needs to address. You will learn to:
- Choose the right legal entity
- Make proper arrangements for dealing with the “what-ifs,” such as your co-founder’s death or decision to quit working for the company or sell his interest in the company
- Grant incentive awards without incurring burdensome tax consequences
- Protect the company’s intellectual property
- Avoid running afoul of labor and employment laws
The presentation will be amplified with war stories from Michael’s many years of working with early-stage companies. The session will be interactive, so bring your questions.