- This event has passed.
Career Readiness Workshop with NAAAHR ATL
June 1 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
eXcelerate will be partnering with NAAAHR to host our first annual Career Readiness Workshop. In this event, 25 attendees will have the opportunity to network with recruiters from mid to large sized companies in metro Atlanta. Attendees will be able to ask recruiters those career related questions you aren’t able to ask at other large events. Not only will you receive resume optimization and interview technique tips from a panel or HR professionals in the field, but you will also receive a one on one resume critique session! You will have 10 -15 minutes to discuss your resume with a season recruiter. This will be a jam packed event with so much valuable information to offer. Please check out more details below:
Part I: Resume Optimization Panel
In this panel, you will receive valuable tips on how to make your resume stand out from recruiters of Fortune 500 companies.
- Discussion of common resume errors
- Explaining career gaps on resume
- Discussion of career transitioning
- Inform students on adding Bootcamp education and skills to resume
- Open Q & A on resume do’s and don’ts
Part II: Discussion of Career Opportunities
In this panel, recruiters will discuss current open data/analyst related roles at companies.
- Recruiters will discuss what skills are in hot demand
- Tips on how to be a competitive job candidate
- How to land roles at Fortune 500 companies
Part III: Interview Techniques
In this panel, recruiters will discuss various techniques to be used during the interview process.
- What to do before, during, and after the interview?
Part IV: Resume Critiques
In this session, students will get 10 – 15 minutes one on one time with recruiters to discuss and receive feedback in regards to their current resume.
*Students will need to submit the resume no later than 5 days prior to the start of the event