- This event has passed.
Alpharetta Business and Professional Networking
July 22 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
“The true value of networking doesn’t come from how many people we can meet but rather how many people we can introduce to others.” – Simon Sinek
Our next opportunity to make introductions will be Monday, July 22, 2019, at 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Village Tavern in Alpharetta. That’s the next even for the Alpharetta Business Networking Meetup.
*Important* – This event is a little later in the month than usual to avoid conflicting with holidays and peak vacation times.
Also, this will *mark a two-year anniversary* since the revival of this group!
1) Here’s a look at this Meetup group by the numbers:
– 24 consecutive monthly Meetups;
– 3,253 total members growing at a rate of ~30 new members every month;
– Events yield between 30-70 attendees with an average of ~35;
– Typically, 50% of attendees are regulars and 50% are first-timers;
– Attendees are from all aspects of business: I’ve met entrepreneurs, lawyers, accountants, financial advisors, tax consultants, engineers, product managers, sales, marketers, software developers, technologists, business analysts, coaches, consultants, limo drivers, AV pros, remodeling pros, real estate agents (corporate and residential), a shoe store owner, carpet cleaners, house cleaners, teachers-starting-a-second-career, nurses, physical therapists, franchise owners, people-thinking-about-what’s-next, e-commerce specialists, students, side-hustlers, and probably a whole bunch more I’ve forgotten.
Thanks to *you* for being part of it!
You can’t have a good networking event without good people (fist bump!) and a place to hold the event (like the Village Tavern!)
2) What can you expect at the event?
This meetup event is informal and casual. It’s equal parts business, social and professional. It’s easy – just come in, get yourself a name tag, drop a business card in the bucket for the raffle, and then start saying hello.
These events are free, but please RSVP so our venue can be prepared. You can update your RSVP if your plans change.
3) Get noticed!
We publish a reminder note that goes to the 3,000+ registered members. There are opportunities for active members of the group to get a plug. It’s free! Here’s how to do it: https://is.gd/MpztHI
4) Congrats Melanie and Ed!
Ed won our book give away and Melanie won our regular raffle at the last event – a $10 gift certificate to Amazon.
5) Have you joined our group on LinkedIn?
Our LinkedIn group is the digital companion for our real-world networking group. This is a good way to transform contacts into connections – and we post news from around the community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12118249/
6) No hard-selling policy.
Please don’t come to these events and hard sell. We have a two-strike rule: If I see you doing it, I’ll ask you privately to stop. If you do it again, there will be no warning, I’ll simply remove and block you from the group.